The requirements for the degree of Bachelor of Science with a major in biology may be satisfied in any of the following areas of emphasis.
- Molecular-cellular option
- Organismal option
- C1 - Pre-medical option
- C2 - Pre-veterinary option
- C3 - Pre-dental option
- C4 - Pre-pharmacy option
- Pre-physical therapy option
For advancement as a pre-professional student seeking to gain admission to professional school (Medical, Dental, Veterinary Medicine, Physician’s Assistant, Pharmacy, etc.), it is expected that students in options C and D will gain experience, formally or informally, in how these practices are run. This experience can be gained through employment, paid or unpaid internships, volunteering, or other instances where students can observe the various aspects of a professional practice.
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- E1 - Clinical Laboratory Science (3+1) option
- E2 - Clinical Laboratory Science (4+1) option