Jan 22, 2022
Jeff Killion, Dean (Centennial Hall 413)
Vision for the Gunn College of Health Sciences and Human Services
To be the premier provider of health sciences and human services education on a state, national, and international level through a commitment to quality education for students and their communities.
Mission Statement for the Gunn College of Health Sciences and Human Services
In keeping with Midwestern State University’s mission to provide students with rigorous undergraduate and graduate education in the liberal arts and the professions, the College of Health Sciences and Human Services seeks to be a premier provider of health sciences and human services education on a state, national, and international level by providing learners with tools for success through:
- Student-centered undergraduate and graduate professional education built upon a strong liberal arts foundation;
- Engagement in traditional and applied research opportunities alongside faculty across disciplines and within their chosen professions;
- Cutting edge educational programs that meet the needs of our global community;
- Recognition and respect for diversity of thought; Interdisciplinary collaboration with professionals in the global community;
- Emphasis on scholarly teaching, practice, scientific inquiry, and service;
- Ethical professional practice and an appreciation for continuous life-long learning.
Applications are accepted from men and women regardless of age or marital status. Applicants will be considered for admission on an individual basis.
- See the sections on Admissions and Registration Information for details. Admission to Midwestern State University does not guarantee acceptance into a health science program.
- It is recommended that the high school background include courses in chemistry, biology, and algebra (2 units) for health sciences programs.
- Application forms for admission to nursing, dental hygiene, radiologic sciences, and respiratory care programs may be obtained from the respective departments.
- See individual program for specific admission requirements. In exceptional cases, persons who do not meet the criteria for regular admission may be granted provisional admission by the College Admissions Committee.
- The semester-by-semester program of individual courses should be followed by entering students. Exceptions may be made by the department chair.
Departments, Programs and Courses